[separator top=”-55″ bottom=”10″ style=””]
It’s that time of year again where the bugs are starting to raise their heads and make their way into and around our homes.
When a customer calls us to ask about a pest control treatment, we try to gain some understanding of what their problem may be. We also try and educate the customer to give them more of an understanding of why they may have a particular problem.
Understading the Pest Control Problem
By talking to customers about their surroundings and the type of pest they may have a problem with gives us more of an understanding of how best to eradicate the problem.
Each home or business we go to can be very different and may need a different type of treatment, so building a picture of the situation before we arrive gives us a better chance of successfully getting rid of the pest.
With the warmer weather, all sorts of pests become a problem for home owners and businesses, from cockroaches, fleas, spiders, bed bugs, ants and even termites. So it’s important you have an experienced pest controller to service your premises.
Most homes are sprayed every 12 months and the same goes for commercial premises. But in the case of an infestation, it may take 2 or 3 treatments to gain full control over the situation again.
Pest Control Advice
We also like to give our customers lots of advice on how they can help to keep their home pest free. Below are some of those tips.
- Keep gardens clean and tidy and remove rubbish.
- Keep wheelie bins clean.
- Store wheelie bins away walls (if a bin is touching a wall it’s easy access for ants)
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink for the night (Cockies love this)
- Once a month run a dishwasher cleaner through your dishwasher.
- Once a year pull out the fridge and clean behind it.
- Vacuum down cobwebs inside the home or office.
- Keep gutters clean ( this helps to reduce spiders and ants)
- Shake out the toaster once a week( helps reduce cockroaches)
- Keep all food in containers or in the fridge.
These are just some of the easy things that you can do in and around your home to help keep pests out during the year. Applying these steps, plus having your home treated, will keep it pest free for longer.
Over the last 16 years of doing pest control in Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, I’ve seen and treated many different types of pest problems. But the most important thing we have found is to talk to our customers and give them good advice. By doing this, we can treat most problems in a very effective way with little disturbance to the customer.
Best 1 is committed to giving our customers a quality service and advice by backing up our treatments with a warranty period.