Best 1 Cleaning Hints & Tips Stain Removal
Best 1 Carpet Cleaning & Pest Management
With a stain like blood, always remember NOT to use hot water. Hot water will set the stain, making it almost impossible to remove even by a professional cleaner.
1. Blot up as much of the blood as you can with a white terry towelling. DO NOT use coloured towels of any kind as the dye may come out and stain your carpet/upholstery.
2. Use COLD water on the towel to blot up more of the blood. DO NOT rub or scrub the carpet as you may spread the stain and damage the carpet fibres.
3. You can put a couple of drop of dish washing liquid into a bowl with cold water, (make sure whatever you use as a home mixture does not contain BLEACH or LANOLIN). If you have a wet/dry vacuum cleaner handy to extract the mixture, it would be best. But if not blot as much of the water up as you can. A professional carpet cleaner would extract whatever they put into your carpet since most stains come back a few weeks later after you’ve removed the original stain as the solution that was used is still in the carpet, and over time dust settles on the carpet sticking to the area that you put the solution onto and restaining it.
4. After you have got as much of the stain out as you can, fold a white towel into half then half again and place it on the affected area and place something heavy on it. This will help blot up the solution you have used and dry it faster.
5. Dry the carpet with a fan.
There are all sorts of ways of getting blood out of a carpet. Our advice is try the ones that are less likely to do any damage to your carpet before trying any harsh products. In addition, don’t forget even the products you buy from the shop can permanently stain your carpets if not extracted properly. Don’t forget that with all stains and especially blood, it is all about time you have to act fast to remove it.
If you need help call us on (07) 3245-5126.