[separator top=”-55″ bottom=”10″ style=””]At Best 1 Cleaning and Pest Control we offer the best services around for keeping uninvited guests out of your home. Our many years of experience and knowledge in this industry allow us to carry out exactly what is needed to rid your home of pests.
We only use the best product and appropriate equipment for treating your home so that when the job is done, it is done well. In between enlisting our services there are things you can do yourself to help prevent pests in the home.
You will find on our site lots of information about keeping your home tidy and clearing food away, amongst others, so you don’t attract pests, but did you also know that certain plants can help manage pests too? While we can’t guarantee that these will work, there is certainly every chance your home will be more pest free when combined with a clean environment and our services.
Whether planting outdoors or indoors, here are some of the things you might like to plant to keep pests away. Always keep in mind what is safe for pets if you have any.
- Basil is not just great for cooking delicious meals. Having some fresh planted basil will help repel mosquitoes and flies.
- If you own a cat and haven’t heard of catnip yet then do some reading. Planting some of this in a pot inside or in the garden will not only thrill your furry loved one it will keep cockroaches, aphids and ants away.
- Chamomile is great for flying insects which is perfect because we get plenty here.
- Chrysanthemums are beautiful but also highly useful. Bedbugs, lice, fleas, ticks, ants, cockroaches and silverfish are all opposed to these. Plant them in your garden and keep them in vases indoors!
- Lavender might remind you of your grandmother but planting some of this around the home will help keep away mosquitoes, moths, flies and fleas.
There are a few other plants you can try that will not only benefit your home but also the appearance and scent. Ask a few questions at your local nursery about what they recommend or do some research online into what other plants can repel pests.
In the meantime, contact our team at Best 1 Cleaning and Pest Control today to find out more about the professional services we offer to keep your home pest free and clean. The best method is prevention.